National Grid and Affordable Warmth Solutions are now inviting bids to the new £150million Warm Homes Fund. All eligible organisations are invited to apply including those who have not yet submitted expressions of interest.
The Warm Homes Fund will be awarded over three years and used to address some of the issues affecting fuel poor households and has been established by National Grid to help supplement traditional funding streams. It is open to bids from local authorities, registered social landlords and their partners in England, Wales and Scotland. The bids may involve contributions from partners but the lead bidder must be a local authority or registered social landlord and the funding will be paid directly to them. It is broadly split in to three categories focusing on urban, rural and health-related solutions.
Due to a high level of interest, before entering a bid please take note of the following:
- This is the first of three rounds of bids, each of £50million. The second will be launched in Spring 2018, and the third in Spring 2019.
- Projects must demonstrate their “readiness to go” and be able to commence delivery of measures this fiscal year. Please bear in mind that if you bid for funding this year and are unable to deliver, this may disqualify your organisation from benefiting in the future. You should carefully consider whether you should bid now or wait until a later round of funding.
- Bidders must be able to demonstrate that third party funding is in place. Again if you need time to have this agreed, you should consider waiting until the next round of funding.
- The bid must be led by a local authority (LA) or registered social landlord (RSL). Other organisations may be involved as part of consortium bids, however they must make any approaches directly to LAs or RSLs. This process will not be facilitated by the fund.
- Bids must be able to demonstrate compliance with the qualifying measures.
Affordable Warmth Solutions are inviting eligible applicants to enter a bid in the scheme by 12 noon on 8 September 2017.
Date: 07 August 2017